- it has the right number
- right kinds of people.
- at the right place.
- at the right time.
- For performing the right tasks ensuring its overall strategic objectives should be achieved.
As per Coleman, HRP is the process of determining human resource requirements and the means for meeting those requirements in order to carry out the integrated plan of the organization.
As per Stainer, HRP is the strategy for acquisition, utilization, improvement and preservation of an enterprise's human resources. It relates to establishing the quantitative requirements of jobs determining the number pf personnel required and developing sources of manpower.
1. Assessing manpower needs in future and creating plans for recruitment and selection.
2. Assessing skills to be required in future.
3. Define training and development needs for the organization.
4. Provisioning surplus or shortage of staff.
5. Control wages and salary costs.
6. Specifying optimum use of human resources for the organization.
7. Guiding the organization to cope with the technological development and modernization.
8. Secure higher labor productivity.
9. Ensuring career planning of every employer of the organization and making successful programmes.